Early Childhood Screening
Minnesota law requires all children to be screened prior to school enrollment. Age three is the recommended age for this health and developmental screening.
3 Reasons to Screen at age 3:
- Early screening can help set your child up for success in school
- Any health or learning concerns can be found earlier—and help provided sooner.
- Because screening is FREE, it’s easy and it’s good for your child!
*Screening is preferred at three, but can be done at four or five
Early Childhood Screening helps:
1. You find out how your child is doing
2. Connect you with early childhood programs
3. Answer your parenting questions
Bring your child to the screening appointment, where we
will check your child’s:
- vision and hearing
- growth and development
- immunizations and family history