- Supports and nurtures the growth of the whole child
- Focus is on cognitive, social and emotional, physical, and creative development
- A safe, nurturing, and enriched classroom
- Emphasis on developing social and emotional competence
- Diverse, culturally responsive and inclusive preschool
- Committed to meeting the needs of all learners
- Classrooms are designed to bring typically developing preschoolers and those with special needs together to learn and grow
Our preschool curriculum is aligned with the District’s elementary academic program. McKinley uses Opening The World of Learning (OWL) as a full developmental curriculum, and Second Step for social skills. McKinley Preschool uses the Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP) as the building wide assessment. The children will do activities together under the direction of a licensed Early Childhood teacher.
Children who are 3 or 4 years old by Sept 1, 2015 are eligible for preschool. Fall 2015 registration began on Wednesday, March 11, 2015.
All applications require a $25.00 Non-Refundable fee regardless of income status.